TO SUBMIT YOUR RMA CLAIM, PLEASE USE OUR CLAIMS FORM
Though we work to ensure that each and every order is checked for accuracy, correctly packaged, and properly shipped, issues with shipments do arise occasionally. There are several steps the customer can take in order to limit the occurrence errors and catch those that do occur.
Order Inspection & Verification
Before signing for a delivery, it is the Dealer’s responsibility to inspect the delivery for correct item count and condition.
Look for the following:
- Torn or punctured cardboard or stretch wrap
- Broken or crushed corners
- Broken pallets
- Module stacks that shifted on the pallet
- Missing “Do Not Stack” pyramids on module pallet
- Verify that the Packing Slip matches the items received in the shipment.
- If the Driver will wait, we also recommend opening the shipment and inspecting items.
Note any discrepancies in item count and any item damage on Delivery Receipt and inform the Driver.
- Please do not refuse the delivery.
- Refusing delivery may result in additional freight charges
The process for reporting order discrepancies varies based on what the issue is. By following the steps laid out below, the Customer can ensure that claims are processed in the most efficient manner possible. Please direct any questions not covered below to RMA@soligent.net.
Reporting Order Issues
For Shipping Damage
After inspecting the order, immediately write a description of the discrepancy on the Delivery Receipt and inform the Driver.
- Note: If damage is not recorded and brought to the driver’s attention, the carrier will not honor any damage claim.
- Please also indicate on the Delivery Receipt if the driver was unable or unwilling to wait to allow an inspection of the items within the shipment
- After noting all discrepancies, please sign for the Delivery
Before filing a ‘Freight Damages’ claim, you must collect the following:
- Pictures of the damaged packaging and product
- Serial numbers for damaged modules and inverters
- A copy of the Delivery Receipt and Bill of Lading
- A copy of the Packing Slip and Invoice
Parcel and freight damages claims are handled differently
- If this was a parcel shipment (e.g., UPS, Fedex)
- Please file an RMA claim online within 48 hours of delivery.
- Our agreement with our parcel shippers requires us to file parcel claims for our customers; these claims must be filed with the carriers as soon as possible to enhance the likelihood of success.
- If this was a freight shipment (e.g., Conway)
- Please file a claim form with the shipping carrier.
- Feel free to reach out to our RMA department with any questions about how to file this claim.
- Note: Filling out a Soligent RMA form is only required if a replacement order is needed (see below for details).
Once the claim is filed, please wait to be contacted by the shipping carrier or Soligent’s RMA Department for the damage inspection.
- Note: For a successful inspection, all original packaging and damaged product must be maintained until the claim has been settled.
For Overage, Shortage, or Missing Items
After inspecting the order, immediately write a description of the item count discrepancy on the Delivery Receipt and inform the Driver.
- Note: Unshipped items will not appear on the Packing List and will automatically be shipped to the address on the order as soon as product becomes available. It is not necessary to submit an RMA Claim for these items.
- For any overage, shortage, or missing item issues please file an RMA claim online within 30 days of receipt.
- After reviewing the submitted form, one of our RMA Specialists will reach out to assist with the order issue
While submitting an RMA claim form, please indicate the need for a replacement order.
- Note: In most cases, we require a signed agreement to pay for the replacement order before sending out replacement product
After filling out an RMA form, our RMA specialists will reach out assist with the return of any undesired product.
- Note: Certain items are non‐returnable, including:
- Custom ordered items that are non‐stocking items
- Non‐stocking items that are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer
- Final sale items that are closeout, discontinued, or obsolete
Please return your items to the nearest Soligent warehouse. To expedite claims processing, email the tracking number for your return to our RMA department at RMA@soligent.net.
- Please do not return any product without prior written authorization provided by the RMA Department.
- The RMA number provided by our team must be included and visible on the return shipment to receive credit.
- Note: We will only pay for return shipping if the order issue was due to an error on the part of Soligent.
Once we have received and inspected the return, we will credit the customer’s account for the original purchase price minus restocking fees (if applicable).
If the return is not due to our error, a restocking fee will be charged at the following rates:
- Domestic returns will incur a flat 15% restock fee
- International returns will incur a flat 25% restock fee
Note: Credit will not be issued for returned product that is not received in resalable condition.
Sacramento Distribution Center
4291 Pell Dr C, Sacramento, CA 95838
Phone: (916) 504-5000
East Coast Distribution Center
Three Security Drive, Suite 303
Cranbury, NJ 08512
Phone: (609) 860-6444
Southern California Distribution Center
13112 Santa Ana Ave, Unit #3
Fontana, CA 92337
Please do not hesitate to contact your Soligent representative with any questions or email us at RMA@soligent.net.