5. Sharing your personal information
Intra group data sharing
Sometimes we share your Personal information with other companies within The Glen Dimplex Group for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
For more information about us, our companies, our brands and presence in your jurisdiction, please visit www.glendimplex.com .
Third-party service providers
We also ask trusted third-party service providers to carry out certain business functions for us. In order to do this, we may need to share your personal information.
- IT support, cloud platform and data hosting providers who help us with the operation of our websites, mobile applications, data rooms, document and workflow management systems and other systems and applications;
- marketing service providers, including companies who send out surveys and marketing communications on our behalf
- product review providers who help collate customer feedback for us;
- Logistics partners who provide home delivery services
- Service partners who provide after sales product repairs
We have agreements in place with these business partners which will restrict how they are able to process your personal information and ensure appropriate levels of security are applied by them.
If another company acquires (part of) our company, business, or our assets, that company may acquire all or part of the Personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your Personal information may also be transferred as a business asset, subject of applicable law.
We may disclose your Personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary for our legitimate interest or prudent considering our obligations under applicable law:
- regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, where necessary for any investigations or to respond to enquiries in relation to our compliance with applicable law.
- professional advisors (such as third-party law firms) and other third parties in connection with our legitimate business activities.
These organisations may use your personal information as a “controller” – they will have their own privacy notices which you should read, and they have their own responsibilities to comply with applicable data protection laws.
To obtain a full list of all third parties your personal information is shared with please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Cross border transfers of your personal information
Your Personal information may be transferred to and processed in other countries. We may use servers located in the European Union (EU) to store Personal information where it is protected by laws equivalent to those in Canada and USA.
We may transfer Personal information to other members of the Glen Dimplex Group in the EU. We have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information in the event of these transfers.
If you would like to see a copy of any relevant safeguards used by us to protect the transfer of your personal information, please contact email@example.com .
7. How we keep your personal information secure
We will put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
When collecting or transferring sensitive personal information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your information.
The personal information you provide us with is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which can only be accessed by a limited number of persons who have a need to know in order to carry out their tasks and any services requested by you.
When we process highly confidential information (such as credit card numbers) over the Internet, we protect it using encryption.
However, it should be noted that we cannot guarantee the security of personal information you submit to us online. Transmission of data over the internet is at your own risk.
8. How long we keep your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for a limited period, and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we are processing it for as set out in this Privacy Notice or otherwise to comply with legal or regulatory requirements applicable to us.
You can request a copy of our personal information retention schedule by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located, you may have the right to request that we modify, delete, or stop processing your personal information,
You may also have the right to request that we provide the following information regarding the personal information we hold about you:
- The categories and/or specific pieces of personal information we collected
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information
To exercise any of your rights under applicable law described above regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details set out in below.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides Californian consumers with additional safeguards for protecting their personal information.
Personal information includes information that identifies, describes, or could reasonably be linked with a consumer or their household.
You can request:
- access to the PI that we have collected about you
- that we delete PI collected about you
To make any of these requests or for any related query you can contact us using the details set out below.
You have various rights in relation to your personal information.
You have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information and request a copy of the data we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- to the extent prescribed by applicable law, receive a copy of the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal information to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract)
- object to our processing of your personal information.
You can exercise these rights by contacting our data privacy team at email@example.com.
You can lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law.
You can lodge a complaint with Canada’s federal Privacy Commissioner here: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/.
You may also direct your inquiry/complaint to the relevant Information and Privacy Commissioner in your jurisdiction of residence.
Our Sites are not directed towards children and we request that children below the age of 16 do not provide Personal information through our Sites.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 16 who has registered on one of our Sites, or who you believe has otherwise provided Personal information to us, please contact us using the details set out at “how to contact us” below to have the information deleted.
11. How to contact us
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments, questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or our processing of your personal information, would like to contact our Privacy Officer, or exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us in the following ways.
You may also write to us at:
Address: Privacy Officer, Glen Dimplex Americas Ltd, 1367 Industrial Road, Cambridge, Ontario , N3H 4W3
12. Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated in April 2021. This document is a notice to you and not a contract between us.
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this notice. When that happens, we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity. Where changes are material, we will take steps to let you know. The most recent version will always be available on our website